For this challenge, I read 10 titles from the new "1001" list (with links to reviews):
- The Remains of the Day, by Kazuo Ishiguro (review)
- Schindler's Ark, by Thomas Kenneally (review)
- The Siege of Krishnapur, by J.G. Farrell (review)
- The House of Mirth, by Edith Wharton (review)
- Cold Comfort Farm, by Stella Gibbons (review)
- Vernon God Little, by D.B.C. Pierre (review)
- The Long Goodbye, by Raymond Chandler (review)
- Disgrace, by J.M. Coetzee (review)
- To the Lighthouse, by Virginia Woolf (review)
- A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian, by Marina Lewycka (review)
Least Favorite Book: The Long Goodbye. I couldn't get into the characters or the plot.
What I Learned: I was able to learn more about Edith Wharton and Virginia Woolf. The "1001 list" continued to be a good source of reading ideas, even after its revision in 2008. I'll be reading more of these titles in 2010.
Thanks to Michelle for hosting this challenge!